All preschool children are fascinated by the beach. Whether they are fans of Finding Nemo or Mermaids, they’ll love these crafts and activities.
Paper Plate Jellyfish
This is an old classic craft for kids.
What You’ll Need
- Paper plate
- Yarn or ribbon
- Staples, glue, and/or tape
- Cut a paper plate in half.
- Staple the two halves together so the cut part is still open.
- Hang yarn or pieces of ribbon or paper from the open part.
- Decorate your JellyFish and display it proudly.
Beach & Ocean Snacks
- Goldfish crackers
Color Me Some Sand Art
This is a quick, easy and inexpensive craft that will bring out the artist in your preschoolers. It can get a bit messy though, so you may want to do this craft outside on a nice (but not windy) day.
Items You’ll Need:
- Food Coloring
- Plastic Bags (one for each color you’d like to make)
- Paper Plates (one for each color)
- Cardstock or Construction Paper
- Add a bit of sand to each plastic bag.
- Put a few drops of food coloring into each bag and shake and squish until the sand is colored. Don’t forget, you can mix custom colors, like red and blue makes purple, etc.
- After all the sand is colored pour the bags on individual paper plates to allow the sand to dry.
- Using the glue let the kids draw a picture on the card stock or construction paper. Next, sprinkle sand (colors of their choice) over their drawing. Let dry thoroughly.